Email SIG Sprint
There doesn't seem to be any interest in the sprint, so I'm withdrawing it - BAW 17-Mar-2005
Here are some topics we might address in an email-sig sprint for Pycon 2005. Feel free to add other topics you'd like to address. We'll decide what to tackle at the sprint, depending on the level of interest from the participants.
- An RFC compliant email address parser (and validator?)
- Adding better header support
- Adding a persistency and/or external storage API
- Developing a relational model for storing email messages
- Improving support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, and other security standards
- Another round of API changes and fixes (e.g. allowing subparts to specify their factory class).
- Sprinting on bugs
- Switching the Python stdlib away from deprecated modules such as rfc822
- Full format=flowed support for text/plain media types?
Please add your name to this list if you plan on joining us on an email sig sprint.
- Barry Warsaw