Bumped Python versions.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
| platforms:: any platform that supports Python 2.3 or higher
Python versions:: 2.3 or higher
| platforms:: any platform that supports Python 2.5 or higher, 3.1 or higher
Python versions:: 2.5 or higher, 3.1 or higher
A pythonic, object-oriented web development framework.
- any platform that supports Python 2.5 or higher, 3.1 or higher
- Python versions
- 2.5 or higher, 3.1 or higher
CherryPy is a pythonic, object-oriented web development framework.
CherryPy allows developers to build web applications in much the same way they would build any other object-oriented Python program. This usually results in smaller source code developed in less time.
CherryPy is now more than eight years old and it is has proven very fast and stable. It is being used in production by many sites, from the simplest ones to the most demanding ones.
CherryPy does its best to stay out of the way between the programmer and the problem. CherryPy applications are usually very simple. It works out of the box; default behavior is sensible enough to allow use without extensive setup or customization. The embedded web server allows one to deploy web applications anywhere Python is installed. In short, CherryPy is as pythonic as it gets.
Oh, and most importantly: CherryPy is fun to work with
Supports with built-in code/tools:
- Redirecting unhandled errors.
- Unicode (and UTF-8): specifiable per-path, so different portions of your site can use different encoding/decoding schemes.
Multiple virtual hosts, multiple HTTP servers at once.
- Apache, IIS, mod_python, FastCGI, SCGI, and mod_wsgi.
- Configurable and swappable every part of it.
- Flexible plugin system.
- No learning curves if you are a Python developer.
CherryPy integrates beautifully with any ORM or template engine via custom tools.
TurboGears builds on CherryPy 2.