The Canberra Python Users Group
We meet on the first Thursday of every month at 6pm
Newcomers are always welcome; we're a friendly bunch and welcome diversity.
Discussion about the upcoming meetings and reminders are posted to the mailing list.
Join the mailing list here: http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/canberra-pug
Google+ Community (please sign up!)
General discussions and interesting python related news and articles are posted to our G+ community here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103339628935802168974 - please sign up and contribute!
People Bank 7-9 Moore St Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
Pizza and drinks are generously provided by Peoplebank.
We are always after new speakers, don't be shy! Everyone in the room wants to hear about your experiences and is there to learn something cool. It is a low pressure, supportive environment to present at.
Upcoming (suggested) presentation themes are listed below (for 2016). Please contact email@example.com if you would like to schedule a presentation.
- June 2014 - Theme: Continuous Integration
- August 2014 - Geospatial Development with Python
- September 2014 - Database Scaling and LISTEN/NOTIFY
- October 2014 - Statistical Learning on Big Data
- November 2014 - Wrapping python around C code
- December 2014 - Lightning Talks
- March 2015 - Lightning Talks
- April 2015 - Object Relational Mapping with SQLAlchemy
- May 2015 - Git Fundamentals by V
- June 2015 - Agile development using Scrum
- July 2015 - An introduction to image analysis with OpenCV and its application to honeybee research - Jack Simpson
- August 2015 - IPython notebook basic intro + unexpected use cases - Kirill Kouzoubov
- September 2015 - Leo - NetworkX
- October 2015 - Python Contracting Opportunities - David Smith
- November 2015 - An introduction to Openshift - Andrew Ritchie, Git yourself out of trouble by V
- December 2015 - Python to C converter - Hugh Fischer
- Feb 2016 - Learn you a Flask - Lachlan Blackall
- Mar 2016 An introduction to Python Amazon Web Services library called Boto3 - Jonathan Metes
- April 2016 - Pyramid I18N - James Li, Travis with Hypothesis - Zac Hatfield Dodds
- May 2016 - Introduction to GNURadio - Paul Harvey
- 2 June 2016 - Centralised logfile analysis using Elastic, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) - Tomas Krajca
- FUTURE MEETING 7 July 2016 Topic TBA
- FUTURE MEETING 4 August 2016 Topic TBA
- FUTURE MEETING 1 September 2016 Topic TBA
- FUTURE MEETING 6 October 2016 Topic TBA
- FUTURE MEETING 3 November 2016 Topic TBA
- FUTURE MEETING 1 December 2016 Topic TBA