- Venue: Barista, Church Street - Opposite Java City (off Brigade road), Bangalore
- Time: 5pm to 7pm on 17 May 2009
Discuss PyCon India (Follow up on the points from the last meeting)
- Anand Chitipothu
- S Ramdas
- Senthil Kumaran
- Noufal Ibrahim
Anand Chitipothu, Senthil Kumaran, Noufal Ibrahim, Srikanth Gaikwad, Puneeth, Kamal Govindraj
- No keynote speaker
- We are not planning to have a keynote speaker for now.
- Dates are 26 and 27 September
- No real objections raised so we're confirming these.
- Two tracks, 2 days
- Rs. 200 early bird registration and Rs. 300 spot registration.
We are planning to have a small PyCon India Logo Design contest. Noufal will mail the list with the details.
From last meeting
Venue (Anand C.)
- IISc. is available and confirmed.
- There are no expenses to consider
- As for food, there is a a restaurant inside IISc. which might cater food. This has to be investigated.
- Wireless setup has to investigated
Mailing list and Website (Anand Pillai (along with Kenneth))
- The website is the gating point for us to being publicity and marketing.
Anand has mailed Python.org and they've the mailing should be (or is already) functional. This will be advertised on the BangPypers list.
- As for the website. We have to
- Get the in.pycon.org domain from the official pycon people
- Put a cname entry there pointing to a domain which we have
- control over
- Get the application ready
- Host it at the domain and check functionality.
- Noufal will follow up and get the details from Anand and Kenneth.
- Mailing details of the event to everyone
- We can actually start on proper publicity only after we get the site up.
- Puneeth mentioned that colleges need to be targetted as many of the budding programmers will be there. Noufal will create a quick list of colleges and send it out to the list which can be expanded and we can contact them when the site is ready.
Registration of a non-profit (Ramdas)
- Check the feasibility of registering a non-profit which we can use to handle financial and publicity matters.
- Senthil will check with Ramdas about the status.
Other things to do that came up
Possible people to contact
- There might be people who can contribute their experiences to the community as a whole.