A Pygame GUI Toolkit.
On second thoughts, this sort of project probably isn't needed, for many different reasons. - SimonWittber
Build a minimal object oriented GUI toolkit, aimed at use with touchscreens, which uses pygame for display. It should use something like a command dispatch pattern, and make sure to take advantage of the late binding abilities of python.
The minimum widgets needed are:
- Tool Tips
- Text Entry (with possible optional virtual keyboard)
- Heirarchial Pie Menu System
- Dialogs with Customisable buttons
It should also provide customisable layout managers for widget layout. Grid, Horizontal and Vertical Row etc.
Some reasons why this proposal isn't needed:
- PGU is good enough for most people who want a Pygame GUI.
- Most games / multimedia applications use custom GUI code.
- IMO, the only part of a GUI toolkit which can be successfully genericised for these sorts of applications is the event loop and dispatch mechanism.