IDLE is the Python IDE built with the Tkinter GUI toolkit.
IDLE has the following features:
- coded in 100% pure Python, using the Tkinter GUI toolkit
- cross-platform: works on Windows and Unix
Included with http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/ for Mac OS X
- multi-window text editor with multiple undo, Python colorizing and many other features, e.g. smart indent and call tips
- Python shell window (a.k.a. interactive interpreter)
- debugger (not complete, but you can set breakpoints, view and step)
It is a part of the standard library and is described in the reference manual: http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/idle.html
There's also a Chinese version of IDLE at http://www.dohao.org/cgi-bin/site/download/cnidle.cgi.
Python IDLE Language Include File is multi language pack. IDLE is the Python IDE built with the Tkinter GUI toolkit. Coded in 100% pure Python, using the Tkinter GUI toolkit. Works on Windows Linux and MacOS. : http://pythontr.org/
The source code for IDLE is included in the standard library. More information on developing IDLE can be found at http://docs.python.org/devguide/