Noble Python programers will set off in search of the Chicago's rare "local micros". Upon encountering the **beers**, the coders will consume them with great vigor.
We'll have a pub crawl centered on The Map Room <http://www.maproom.com/>_, one of Chicago's finest beer bars. All bars will be within a few blocks of each other, and are less than one mile from the Armitage blue line El stop. There are also several restaurants nearby. A group will depart en masse from the hotel, but feel free to join us later.
No underage drinkers, please.
++++++ Decision +++++
Leave from atrium.
Go to http://maproom.com
Armitage blue line stop.
Drinkin' time - gather 9ish CST, leave by 10 CST.
+++++++ Discussion +++++ (edit) Let's get this discussion started. What nights do people want to go out?
- Saturday Night!
- If we're decided on Western blue line:
- maproom is a good idea - huge cellar full of belgian goodness, huge array of interesting things local and foreign on tap
it's a bit of a walk, but 1/2 mile north on western is quenchers - good international selection, interesting things on tap
- right next to the train stop is a nice chill smallish bar called the green eye - usually a few things interesting on tap
- what else is there?
- We can try other areas (multiple nights, multiple areas?)
- Damen stop on the blue line (one further down than Western) has a big bar area
Thats all i got as far as opinion - someone else care to take the leadership reigns and get this moving? ~~~~mleinart
Big local brewpub Goose Island is just over a mile East at 1800 N Clybourn. There's not an easy way to walk over to it from these other places, but it would be a cheap cab fare. Or you could take the blue line to the loop and then take red back out there (maybe spend an hour on the Mile while downtown, if anyone wants to hit Sony, Apple, B&O, etc)... that might be making things too complicated tho.